San Damiano Scholarship Application
Deadline to apply is October 15, 2018.
|Intended college major:
All applications must include recommendations from two individuals who can attest to your participation in community, church leadership activities, and your spiritual life.
Upon submitting this application, your recommenders will receive an automated email requesting to complete the recommendation form. Be sure you have their correct email.
Note any offices held, honors, and awards received. Please list the activities and number of years you are/have been involved with in your:
God requested Francis of Assisi to “Rebuild My Church.” How would you interpret this request in your own life and for your own faith community?
Beyond college, how do you see your career to be a ministry to the people of God and humankind?
Describe your relationship with God and the Church community, addressing the following:
- Briefly reflect on the nature of your relationship with God. What words, phrases, or images would you use to describe your relationship with God?
- Describe the different components of your spiritual life.
- How has your Christian faith influenced your choices and values?
Describe any significant service activity you’ve taken part in, including who was involved, what occurred, where it happened, and how it occurred. Please also include the following:
- Why do you do service? What is your motivation for doing so?
- Think of a scripture passage that relates back to your significant service activity and explain how it is connected to your service experience.
- How did you change or what changes have you made in your life through this experience?
Why do you want to be a San Damiano Scholar? How do you hope being a San Damiano Scholar will prepare you to be a future leader in the Church?
By entering your name and the date below you are signing this digital document.